mailcow mailserver suite
News and notes
Please ignore a previous announcement to use a DNSSEC enabled local DNS server. We decided to replace Bind9 by Unbound instead of removing it from mailcow: dockerized.
There were slight changes to the reverse proxy configuration. So if you use such a setup in front of mailcow: dockerized, you should update your configuration after pulling the latest changes from Git.
Until changes and improvements made to mailcow: dockerized are merged to the non-dockerized mailcow, it is recommended to use mailcow: dockerized.
Please excuse the huge delay, my time is very limited and development is primarily done in my free time.
11 containers and 4 volumes combine to a Docker conform mailcow installation.
mailcow: dockerized will be a rolling release in the master branch @ GitHub. There will be a dev branch soon, which should not be used.
Learn more about mailcow: dockerized below, please visit us on IRC @ Freenode in #mailcowLink to GitHub
Link to Docs
A fresh installation is recommended!
- WebUI per mailbox: Enforce in- and outbound TLS
- ! Works best with Postfix >=3.0 (*uses smtp_dsn_filter to turn temp. TLS errors to perm. errors to notify client instantly)
- WebUI per mailbox: Set black- and whitelist records for spam filter
- WebUI: Drag and drop Postfix restrictions
- Switched WebUI to PDO database interface
- Added some options to /var/www/mail/inc/vars.inc.php (please use
vars.local.inc.phpto overwrite settings)
- Multi-language Web UI (English, Portuguese and German)
- Fixed errors in Web UI
- Removed backup from Web UI and added "mailcow-backup-mail" script
- (Hopefully) RFC compliant email addresses
- Z-Push removed - choose between SOGo (ActiveSync + DAV) and Roundcube
- Better Sender ACL (find it at "edit mailbox")
- Fail2ban was removed and should be setup according to your own setup
- letsencrypt.sh/dehydrated was added to provide a signed certificate (optional)
Thanks to Brad we now have a Discourse instance online for you to find help installing/configuring mailcow!
We can finally stop using Github as our forum and keep using it for real issues and bugs. :-)Visit forum
Für deutschsprachige Kunden bietet Servercow nun eine gehostete mailcow-Instanz an.Mehr lesen
Please find more information about mailcow: dockerized in the official documentation linked above.
mailcow: dockerized is based on Postfix, Dovecot, Nginx, PHP, MariaDB, Rspamd, Rmilter and more!
Hosted mailcowVisit Servercow for a hosted mailcow solution in Germany
LinksPRISM ⚡ BREAK
KVM virtual machines for
mailcow @ servercow.de (DE)